This seminar series, funded by the Urban Studies Foundation, brings together a diversity of scholars from the fields of critical urban studies, political ecology, ecosystem services, and nature-based solutions. The aim is for these scholars to share their work, identify research frontiers, and consider how social justice and equity are addressed and enhanced through their fields of study. This webinar represents the kick-off event of the seminar series, and is open to the public. The invited speakers will briefly introduce their work in the form of 5-minute ‘lightning-’ or ‘speed-talks’, and then engage in a panel discussion and Q&A session with the audience.
This event is part of the USF-funded Seminar Series Award: Toward just environmental futures: exploring the equity dimensions of nature-based solutions in cities.
- Bonnie Keeler, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA
- Pippin Anderson, Department of Environmental & Geographical Science, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Olumuyiwa Adegun, Department of Architecture, Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria
- Linjun Xie, Department of Architecture and Built Environment, University of Nottingham Ningbo, China
- Seema Mundoli, Centre for Climate Change and Sustainability, Azim Premji University, India
- Austin Gage Matheney, Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
The event is co-hosted by Kate Derickson from the Department of Geography, Environment, and Society, University of Minnesota, USA, and Maike Hamann from the Centre of Sustainability Transitions, Stellenbosch University, South Africa.